Friday, April 4, 2008

Haiku Review, Restaurant: Blue Ginger, Wellesley, MA


Huzzah! I made it!
Ming's even cuter up close
Oh- the food's good, too.


As you may know I've been dreaming for a long time-- at least since last September-- of going to the adorable Ming Tsai's fabulous Blue Ginger. I finally got to go last night and I've gotta tell ya, it was every bit as wonderful as I dreamed it would be: the blue pearl granite counter, the feng shui hoosiewatsis, the disposable towels in the washroom that have a higher threadcount than my non-disposables at home, the waiters whom you should probably address as "sir" because they make three times as much as you do... It's like a pleasure-and-pain-a-thon, an I'm-so-not-worthy, gimme-another -shumai-but-make-me-bark-like-a-dog-for-it thing. (I'm not going to like what the search engine brings me there, but I'm goin' with it.)

If you go, three strong recommendations:

1.) Foie Gras-Shiitake Shumai in Sauternes-Shallot Broth - like BUTTAH
2.) Sake-Miso Marinated Alaskan Butterfish with Wasabi Oil, Soy-Lime Syrup and Vegetarian Soba Noodle Sushi - like SHUMAI (in that it's like BUTTAH, that is.)
3.) Make a reservation! Like- well like nothing. You really need one.

Seriously. The place is terrific. And nobody will make you bark like a dog. Unless you want them to.

(Woof.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lam's on Washington Street in Newton. A whole lot cheaper and better.