Tuesday, September 25, 2007

That's okay. I have my own celebrity chef. Chef Boyardee.


Guess where my beloved's going for a work outing tonight? I'll give you a hint. It's somewhere I've always wanted to go. With a celebrity chef I follow on TV but my husband wouldn't know if he tripped over. A place designed by a Feng Shui Master, with an open kitchen, 40-foot blue pearl granite counter, subtle recessed lighting, warm cherry woodwork and Italian granite floors. A place that probably has something delicious, like Hawaiian BigeyeTuna Poke with Crispy Sushi Rice Cake and Watercress-Tosaka Salad or Sake-Miso Marinated Alaskan Butterfish with Wasabi Oil, Soy-Lime Syrup and Vegetarian Soba Noodle Sushi...


5 comments:

Simon said...

When the waiter asks me what I want for desert I'll ask for a main course to go.

Anonymous said...

Choolie,
It's okay. I've been there. It's way to expensive and food is food. I'm convinced that there is no such thing as a sublime meal.
You can get a great meal at Paparazzi for half the price and it's colorful and busy, a great place to people watch, the waiters are actually nice adult men, seasoned waiters, not teenagers and you are full when you leave. : )
The porcini tortellini is to die for.
h

Anonymous said...

Porcini tortellini... sounds yummy. But it's my daughter's sixth birthday, so we'll probably be feasting on hot dogs at the bowling alley. I do hope they have mustard this time. Speaking of-- please tell me I'm not the only person in the world who doesn't take ketchup on the dog. I mean, yeah, not good to eat too many hot dogs, but when you do.. it OUGHTA be mustard, at the very least. (If not mustard, sauerkraut and diced onion.) No?

Anonymous said...

Choolie,
Never put ketchup on a hot dog. Listen, best hot dogs are Pearl's from this area, actually. YOu can get them at Super Stop and Shop. Best way to have them is the Chicago way with mustard, finely sliced pickles, tomatoes chopped. To die for.
I was going to tell you something...
Oh yeah, I can only put this on in the Anonymous mode and only if I copy and paste it back on after I get out of this site and back in. Is it because I'm on a Mac? (In fact, I didn't have a problem from my PC-yes at work : ).
h

Anonymous said...

Well, that time it worked. :)
You have a 6 year old daughter?
Just wait. Trust me (and Charles) with this....
You are in for the worst years of your life, as soon as she hits......well, my daughter at 10 1/2, charles' a little older I think. : )
But I'm assured that she will become a human being again, probably AFTER I throw her out of the house or put her in Foster Care or she goes to college, whatever comes first. : )
h