Friday, June 6, 2008

"The Fist Bump of Hope!"


Seriously. When I saw The Fist Bump at the speech Tuesday night, I really did say to myself "Aw. They're just like us!" (Except we call it a "pound, dawg," since we got it from Scrubs.) So I guess we are the subject of this article! (Click here.) Oh, here's another article claiming it's an African American thing, and it's called "dap." Oh, and here it's a "Hezbollah Style fist-jabbing."

By the way, if this cool, hip way of relating has filtered down to us 40-something nerdy types (I'm including the Obamas along with Mr.&Mrs. Mind Your Own Reality in that group,) you know it must be passé.





By the way, still PILFy.

4 comments:

Danny said...

OK, I'm a 60 something geezer what does P I L F stand for?

JBrummer said...

Danny: It's a take-off on the popular MILF, which means Mother I'd Like to Fool-around-with (it's a family show.) In the case of PILF, substitute "President" for "Mother."

See MILF here:

http://gawker.com/5005560/milf-island

JBrummer said...

PS I was hoping that I coined a new (although totally ripped off) phrase in "PILF," but CURSES! It's already in urbandictionary.com. The example sentence is:

"Cristina Fernández de Kirchner of Argentina is a total PILF."

Look her up in google images. I'd do her.

Danny said...

I knew what "MILF" was the "PLIF" confused this old timer. BTW, Cristina Fernández de KirchnerIs a MILF FOR SURE!!