Monday, February 11, 2008

Update: Tom Brady is NOT a moron

Okay, I saw the video below this morning, of Tom Brady's ex-GF and mama of his baby, and she is so wonderful and engaging, I thought, boy, Tom is a moron. It wasn't a really well-formed and thought-out opinion. It was just one of those passing things. And I wrote some nonsensical and not-nice stuff about Tom and his current girlfriend. I was just spouting off to the 8 or so friends that normally read my blog, people who know enough not to pay any attention to me and my psychotic rantings, so I barely gave it another thought.

The problem: I recently installed one of those statistics counters on my website, so I now can see how many people visit in a day, and how many of them are new, and how many of them are repeaters. Eeek! 27 new people so far today, along with the 8 regulars. Twenty-seven people saw me call Tom's current girlfriend a hungry, man-eating robot, whose attempt at munching on his foot caused his current limp. That was wrong. And very bad. (Not to mention inaccurate!) So I'd like to speak to the twenty-seven new visitors, if you all would only come back for a moment:

Tom Brady's not a moron. He's a highly successful athlete, and as a fan and a human being, I am ashamed. His current GF looks lovely-- I can't say anything beyond that, because I've only ever seen her picture. She pouts a lot, I know, but then if you look at most women's magazines, it seems you're SUPPOSED to pout when you're wearing lingerie. It's like a rule. I'm sure she's wonderful and well-fed, and they're a lovely couple.

That being said, his ex is still adorable and I like this video.

PS I'll either start watching what I say-- and stop just posting random, from the hip, formed-at-the-water-cooler opinions, or I'll close this blog and make it only accessible to a few savvy and forgiving friends. But I'll try not to be mean to good old Tom anymore.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I love this girl, next to my Julie of course, she rocks and is cute too.

PS yes her friend is about as gay as they come......so don't fall for him.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I do agree that Bridget would have been my choice over the "other gal" if it were me. But then again, I haven't had the chance to see the Youtube video "Brady and Bundchen Busily Baking Brownies" either. Then I think a more objective decision could be made. As far as his not seeing the child during the pre-Superbowl break, I am guessing he didn't need a distraction of that magnitude. Baby visits in that particular setting would probably not be the most relaxing way to spend the weekend before the most important day of his life, (professionally speaking).

Anonymous said...

P.S. On the other hand, if you said "Tom Brady is a moron because he never showed his face at the Pro-Bowl...."
Now that would be different.

Anonymous said...

Tom Brady is no moron! His ex-girlfriend is for trying to trap him into a commitment! She was never going to win in that move. Sure she got a great baby with spectacular DNA, but Tom is better off with a woman he can trust.

Tom is a good man who will do just fine by his son.

No reason for a man ever to marry a woman because of a baby. The only thing he is guilty of is falling out of love.

Bridget is a phoney! Always has been. Not one sincere bone in her boyish body!

Anonymous said...

what good is a blog if not for shot-from-the-hip observations? don't go changing your style, choolie! your rants have the power to change pouts into sniggers.

Anonymous said...

Choolie, I agree with you, Bridget is much more beautiful than Gisele.

Anonymous said...

Choolie,
I agree with one of those Anonymouses : )
I think the first girlfriend, who's a number of years older than Brady, saw the writing on the wall that the relationship was starting to fade, for him, anyway, felt the need to 1. have a baby. 2. hold onto the boyfriend and 3. worst case scenario, have a sugar daddy daddy who will pay a great child support for the next 18 years if her career tanks and, oh yeah, 4. get a lot of publicity and sympathy if he doesn't come back, because, in Hollywood, all publicity is GOOD publicity (as Paris et al) and that could translate into jobs (did you guys see the People or whatevermagazineitwas, cover with her and the kid on it?
That trick is the oldest in the book and as Maureen Starkey (Ringo's first wife) said, We, Liverpool women have been using that trick for ..... ever". (Well, maybe she only said it to Cynthia Lennon.)

Now that she didn't get Tom back, she's just gonna take his dough and not let him see the kid very often. She's a bitch.