Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I learned something new today!

schadenfreude - \SHOD-n-froy-duh\, noun:
A malicious satisfaction obtained from the misfortunes of others.

So I was surfing this morning, I mean, uh, performing research for an in-depth analysis of the links between soy milk and gayness. Somehow I wound up on this guy Timmy's blog-- Timmy from Haight-Ashbury, who claims at the top of his blog, "Yes, I am that Tim." So I was intrigued about what Timmy meant by "that Tim" --no, he's not the one with Lassie like I hoped-- but his post was kind of funny: "Soy Bean or Lez-Bean." Chortle.

Anyway, my new word discovery came from his listed interests: blondes, politics, wine, tea and schadenfreude.

(It's not what I thought it was.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The basis of Slapstick comedy.

Choolie said...

1/2c: True. Also the basis for American Idol, Candid Camera and nearly all Steve Guttenberg films.

Anonymous said...

and let's not forget our friends Amir and Streeter.....remember class, everything is fair game for the final exam.