Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Game Ender?


Our own Officer/Chef/Rocker Danny sent this picture to me with the caption:

This is "Van Helsing" and the wooden Stake:-)


[He's referencing his answer to my last week question, "If George Stephanopoulos says it's over, does that mean it finally is?" Danny commented at the time, "...only when "Van Helsing" or someone like him drives a wooden stake through her heart. "]

Is this it? Is this the wooden stake? I was listening to Margery Eagan [not a Hillary fan] on talk radio yesterday who was suddenly coming up with reasons to feel sorry for Hillary. I was surprised to be right there with her.

Hill wanted this forever. She waited through her husband's reign--as patiently as possible-- for her turn. And. This. Guy. From. Illinois. Comes out of nowhere and.. Argh!

I know, I know... that's every candidate's story. But even though she's pissed me off a bunch of times, it's hard not to feel sympathetic. Do I feel more sympathetic to her because she's a woman? Because I've seen her cry? Because I know it's hard not to look hippy in a royal blue pantsuit?

Probably. I didn't cry for John. Or Bill. Or Mitt. Or Rudy.

I wonder, will we miss Hill when she's gone? More important, will she ever be gone?


Update: Eeeek. Here's Hill getting all choked up talking about Chelsea with Wolf Blitzer. Man. I just want to hug her. And vote for her. And.. dagnabbit that darned estrogen.

No comments: