Friday, November 2, 2007

Elizabeth Kucinich 1, Media 0

I really wanted to blog about Dennis Kucinich this morning. After reading Howie Carr's column (here) I wanted to poke fun at Kucinich for seeing a UFO, or for hanging out with Shirley MacLaine or just rehash the fact that he looks like the Lucky Charms Leprechaun and is married to a gorgeous tongue-studded Amazon. It's not that I don't like him, or UFOs or Shirley MacLaine (or tongue-studded Amazons in theory)-- I was just being lazy, and he's easy comedy fodder. I mean, check out his appearance on the Colbert Report-- Stephen hardly breaks a sweat:





So when I read that Elizabeth Kucinich had done her first TV interview, I thought it was going to be a hoot. The correspondent, Norah O'Donnell, asked squirrely, Lifetime-TV-for-Women questions about all of those things we giggle about, and yeah, some of Elizabeth's responses were Lifetimey, too, but some were cool enough to make Norah look like an idiot. (click below) Way to go Elizabeth! I guess you had to be smart to hook up with Rumpelstiltskin!

Elizabeth Kucinich on the trail
Elizabeth Kucinich on the trail

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Too bad she can't run for president. She handled all of those ridiculous questions and observations like a pro. Also I liked how she mentioned America's "founding fathers and mothers".