Friday, August 31, 2007

Larry Craig arrested for "peeing while gay?"

I spent some time reading the charges against the senator, and the rumors about his years of gay behavior, and the commentary, and today I listened to the tape of his police interrogation.

Do I believe he was trying to solicit a date in the bathroom? Well, I wouldn't have believed it a couple of days ago, but as I said, I've just had a little tutorial in bathroom signals (that is "stall tactics") and so yeah, I guess he probably was cruising. But what I question is, should the guy be arrested for the behavior? Yeah, it's bizarre behavior... but is it a crime? I've read some commentary which likens it to "driving while black." They call it "peeing while gay." Bottom line: he looked at the cop, he sat down in the stall next to the cop, he brushed the cop's foot with his and stuck his hand under the stall in a gay signal. Regardless of your political affiliation- do you think he should be arrested for that? And as one blogger pointed out, why didn't he use the "I-was-just-looking-for-a-square-to-spare" defense?

Here's the tape:
http://tinyurl.com/3avdz3

And Keith Olbermann:
Keith Olbermann's Dragnet

My favorite just-so-wrong but oh-so-funny blogger comment I've seen in my surfing:

"Quick, Robin! To the Bat-Room!"

"Holy innuendo, Batman! What if there's an undercover officer?"

"No worries, chum. I'll just use the secret foot-tapping code, signaling in Morse code, 'I-AM-NOT-GAY'".


No comments: